Covid-19 has shut tourism down across the globe,
But, at Royal Kruger Lodge & Spa, we’ve been preparing for when travel is allowed again, and we can welcome you back to the bush.
Although our province, Mpumalanga, has had relatively few infections and only one death (at the time of writing this post), we remain committed to maintaining the highest health and safety protocols to give our guests peace of mind.
In essence, our 4-star facilities offer guests:
- Spacious en-suite bedrooms
- Spacious leisure and dining areas that are conducive to social distancing.
- Lots of sunshine for Vitamin-D, and fresh air.
- Our safari vehicles are compliant to regulations.
- Continual monitoring and communication of all current and updated information provided by the World Health Organisation on the global status of Covid-19.
- Prevention and solution strategies provided to staff on an ongoing basis, safeguarding human life and wellbeing by:
– Keeping all staff continually updated on developments;
– Providing clear mandates for increased personal hygiene;
– Facilitating additional hygiene amenities for all travellers;
– Educating all staff & guides on emergency procedures in the event of an incident;
– Ensuring health & safety protocols are communicated to all third-party suppliers;
- Guides and drivers have been fully trained on best practice procedures for limiting and containing any risk of infection, includes:
- – Implementing a high level of cleanliness on vehicles, facilities and equipment
– Providing hand-sanitisers in all tour, game drive & transfer vehicles
– Encouraging travellers to wash hands more frequently throughout the journey
– Best-practise action-plan should a traveller have flu-like symptoms
- Protective and preventative equipment is supplied and personally accessible for both guests and staff should the need arise.
- No cases of the COVID-Virus have been suspected or occurred during any private or group experiences including at any of the lodges and safari camps we make use of. This is continuously monitored.
- An incident reporting system is in place for staff to be proactive in attaining medical support at all times.
- Continuous risk assessment will occur and any individuals who display symptoms and meet criteria for testing will be identified and speedily directed through the correct procedures and medical channels.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Kruger Lodge and Spa as soon as travel is allowed. Until then, stay safe.